Skip to Content
Get a Free Consultation
Se Habla Español
San Diego 619-473-7569
Los Angeles 310-626-4449


  • PI

    • What types of personal injury cases does Leigh Law Firm handle in Southern California?

      Leigh Law Firm represents clients in Southern California across a broad range of personal injury cases. This includes auto accidents, Uber and Lyft accidents, dog bites, slip and fall accidents, brain injuries, wrongful death, and spine injuries. Their dedicated legal team in San Diego is committed to fighting for the rights of their clients to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve.

    • Can I recover compensation for lost wages if I'm injured and unable to work in San Diego?
      Yes, if you're injured and unable to work due to an accident in San Diego, you are entitled to recover compensation for lost wages. Additionally, if your injury impairs your ability to earn money in the future, you may be entitled to compensation for loss of earning capacity. Leigh Law Firm can help you seek compensation for these financial losses, including job retraining if necessary.
    • What can I do if my property was damaged in an accident in San Diego?
      If your personal property was damaged in an accident in San Diego, you have the right to seek financial responsibility from the party at fault for the accident. Leigh Law Firm can assist you in claiming compensation for the repair or replacement of your damaged property, ensuring that you are not left to bear the financial burden of someone else's negligence.
    • How does Leigh Law Firm support clients with medical expenses from injuries in San Diego?
      Leigh Law Firm supports clients in San Diego by helping them claim compensation for past, present, and future medical expenses resulting from injuries sustained in various types of accidents. They understand the financial strain medical bills can cause and work tirelessly to ensure their clients receive the necessary funds to cover all healthcare-related costs.
  • Workers Comp

    • What is workers' compensation?
      Employees who suffer diseases or injuries while on the job may be eligible for workers' compensation benefits. Workers' comp can be used to cover hospital fees, lost wages, and rehabilitation costs.
    • How quickly do I need to report my work-related injury?
      You should try to let your employer know about your injury as soon as possible after the injury occurs. If for some reason this isn't possible, you need to submit a report within 30 days of the date of your injury in order to preserve your workers' comp claim.
    • How do I know if I am eligible for workers' compensation?
      Most workers are generally entitled to workers' compensation benefits -- both full-time and part-time employees are covered by it. Volunteers and independent contractors, meanwhile, might not be protected. It's better to find out your eligibility by speaking with an experienced work injury attorney.
    • Will I get to choose which doctor I see for my injury?

      Normally your employers insurance company will specify which doctors you are able to see within a certain network. However, there are cases where you may be able to switch doctors at a later point. You can contact our firm to find out more about this!

    • What should I do if I get injured at work?
      If you are injured at work, it is critical that you notify your employer right away. Seek medical care and keep detailed notes and documentation of any medical services and costs. A qualified local workers' compensation lawyer should be consulted as well to ensure that you obtain the benefits to which you are legally entitled.
    • What if my employer does not have workers' compensation insurance?
      Every employer in California is required to carry workers' comp insurance, so if your employer has failed to do so, you have grounds for a civil lawsuit against them. In addition, California Labor Code §§ 3715, 3716 (2018) sometimes allows for injured employees to receive compensation from the Uninsured Employers Benefits Trust Fund if your employer does not have workers' comp insurance.
    • Are workers' compensation claims public record?


      Future employers can access general details about a workers' compensation case by utilizing the Electronic Adjudication Management System (EAMS), which will provide them with information regarding:

      • The employees name
      • Injuries
      • Date the case was filed/settled
      • Case number
      • Attorney name
      • And employer and insurance company names

      However, the are certain rules as to how they can use this information when looking at potentially hiring you.

    • Can workers' compensation be garnished?

      In general, workers' compensation benefits may not be garnished in California. However, there are sometimes exceptions to this rule. If you would like additional information, contact our office today.

    • Can I claim workers' compensation for stress?

      A stress workers' compensation claim would fall under the category of "psychiatric injury."

      In order to receive compensation for this type of injury the claimant must be able to prove the following:

      • They have a diagnosed mental disorder
      • Your disorder has required you to have medical treatment or resulted in a disability
      • You have been working for your employer for 6 months
      • Your employment has been the predominant cause leading to your psychiatric injury (at least 51% responsible)